Thursday, January 7, 2010

Makeup Question? Liquid and powder?

I just started using the Maybelline I dream liquid mousse. I think they have a powder called the same thing. I am wondering if you use a liquid is it good to put a powder over it? Does it make it stay on better? Or give it a better feel? I had been using a mineral liquid and then brushing powder over it and I wasn't sure if I should do the same with this? Any advice?Makeup Question? Liquid and powder?
You usually will want to set your liquid foundation with a powder.





BUT! Make sure you're setting your foundation with an invisible or translucent powder, and NOT a powder foundation. Otherwise, you'll have 2 layers of foundation on, and that usually just ends up making you look cakey. Not what you want.





When I use liquid foundation, I set it with Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder w/ SPF 16 in Translucent Light. It helps control oil, keeps my foundation in place, and has SPF in it! It's a little pricey for a drugstore product ($13) but it's the best one I've used. Plus the little compact is really neat looking, so I don't mind pulling it out of my purse for touch ups throughout the day. :)





Hope this helps! :)Makeup Question? Liquid and powder?
Yes, putting a powder over a liquid foundation makes it last longer. When you do that it's called setting your foundation. It locks it into place so that it doesn't smear and shift all over the place. It ends up giving you a matte finish too. Good luck!
yess u should always put on pwder after fouundation , to:


1. yes, make it look good.


2.yes, give it a better feel


3. and, makes it stay on much longer..


it will tend to drip or fade or smudge after a bit.





hope this helped.
I think if you add the powder, it stays on longer %26amp; gives a better appearance
Yes, it does make the makeup better by applying powder over liquid I do it all the time myself! %26lt;3
im not to fond of liquid it doesnt let my face breath when powder doesnt do that and if you put powder on top of liquid then its like putting 2 layers of make-up on that doesnt let your face breath
Tbf if you can, I'd definately use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. The best foundation EVER. But yeah, it is a good idea to use powder aswell, it'll make your skin feel softer (:
i usually use a powder to set in the liquid foundation. i see that it holds on alot longer. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment